Well, believe it or not this is my last post as a PennGSE masters student! I honestly can't believe how fast this year went and just how much I have learned and how much I have grown. I don't think I will truly realize the impact of this experience until I move on and begin working. I've met some of the most amazing and inspirational people through this experience and somewhere along the way I realized that I could be one too! I think the thing that I love so much about GSE is the consistent emphasis on social justice and equity. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to attend such an amazing grad school, but I'm even more excited to get out there and make an impact on the lives of others. And I feel completely prepared to do just that.
This is really a bittersweet time right now. I'm so excited to begin a new career in the field of education (if you remember correctly, as recently as September I was working as an industrial engineer!) but I'm sad that this chapter is coming to an end. This week will be busy, just like the rest of the semester has been. I have three more papers due...two are about 90% complete and the third has only just begun! But I'll also be busy celebrating. GSE is throwing an end-of-the-year BBQ for students this Wednesday, the admissions office is having an ice party on Thursday to thank all of the current students who helped out all year long, and then on Thursday night GSE is having a happy hour at a local bar (Cavanaugh's) for all students. GAPSA is also joining in the celebrating and there are events planned on campus all day on Saturday--including a boat cruise later that night. As busy as I am with paper-writing, I will be sure to attend most of these events. It will be the perfect way to cap off an amazing experience that I will not soon forget.
I will be in the Philadelphia area (and working for the admissions office until the end of May) so PLEASE feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions. Also, if anyone is going to be in the area I will be available to give tours through the admissions office through the month of May. And you can always email me at lmccabe@dolphin.upenn.edu.
Best of luck to all of my readers! I hope you choose Penn and have as memorable an experience as I have!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment